In year 9, pupils study Chemistry, Biology and Physics as part of the seperate science course, learning basic experimental skills and generally becoming familiar with practical work and competent with the use of equipment. Students follow an in-house course that aims to maintain a practical emphasis whilst focusing on key areas of Chemistry, Biology and Physics. In the final year pupils begin to work towards pastpapers for the edexcel GCSE Triple Science qualification. For GCSE we follow the Edexcel specification. There is a heavy emphasis upon practical work and this serves as good preparation for the assessed controlled component.
- Current Specification: 2BI01 – Biolog – http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/science-2011-individual.html
- Current Specification: 2CH01 – Chemistry http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/science-2011-individual.html#tab-1
- Current Specification: 2PH01 – Physics http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/science-2011-individual.html#tab-2
- New Specification: 1BI0 (First teaching 2016) Link is http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/sciences-2016.html#tab-1
- New Specification 1CH0 (First teaching 2016) Link is http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/sciences-2016.html#tab-2
- New Specification1PH0(First teaching 2016) Link is (http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/sciences-2016.html#tab-3)